Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EJ1_MK build

Good for you man, I was just busting your balls lol but glad things are on the right track for you. Do you need to run the roll centers with the inverted mounted tie rod ends?

In my opinion, if you are looking for a digital dash and also plan on track days...go with the traqmate traqdash system.

Traqmate TraqDash Complete

Im running it, and I just got the upgrade to sync with my gopro

I looked at all of the other digital setups like stack, racepak, etc and traqmate seemed to be the best bang for the buck. Outside of the Dash, you get data logging, 1/4 mile runs, and overlay for your videos to mention a few. The guys that run it are racers and good guys with good support.

If you do decide to get it at some point new, click the link at the bottom and help the site .

I have built mine over several years as well and just now have been able to afford to finish and get it racing so I hear you there. Its all worth it in the end, I can tell you that for certain. Im lucky my wife has supported me pretty much with all of my race car stuff.

I look forward to your updates.

So got a bit done and here is what all I got done and some pics of the Collar washer install instructions and lube they sent with it look really close and tell me if you see what I see.

EJ8 Black -- Totaled by a Jeep
    EJ1 Paradise Blue Green
    EJ2 Paradise Blue Green

Made in USA! bhahahah

Nice update, I dont recall what front brake kit you are going with? Going to need something to harness all that K powa!

Sweet!! you got a JDM kit that's made in USA!

I also see someone getting a hot leg. LOL.

Did you have the Benen X Member bar on before you tore everything apart?
    If so, did you feel a difference?
    Last edited by R-Spec; 04-04-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by known View Post
    Made in USA! bhahahah

Nice update, I dont recall what front brake kit you are going with? Going to need something to harness all that K powa!
    Yeah it is a tube of like gold glitter, something, that was in with the collar washers. Not sure what its for but flipped it over and saw that it is made for SPOON in the USA. That that was mighty funny. And Right now I am running, the ex setup, I am working on my dx spindles right now to put new bearings, studs and waiting on extended Hard race ball joints. So I can run the wilwood 11" dynalite kit. Should be ordering that next weekend or before the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Spec View Post
    Sweet!! you got a JDM kit that's made in USA!

I also see someone getting a hot leg. LOL.

Did you have the Benen X Member bar on before you tore everything apart?
    If so, did you feel a difference?
    I did not, it was something that I had my eye on before but before I put it on I tried to get see if it would work with the power rack and it does not. Now the factory Integra one would. Its the little things that companies do not tell you before you buy it. But I am a bit of a suspension and chassis nut and can't wait until its back together so I can drive it. Yeah my buddy is a professional welder so he swung by and took care of that for me. Can't wait to get it to the chassis shop and get the cage put into it either but its a ways off before I need to do that.
    EJ1 Paradise Blue Green
    EJ2 Paradise Blue Green

Quote Originally Posted by EJ1_MK View Post
    Yeah it is a tube of like gold glitter, something, that was in with the collar washers. Not sure what its for but flipped it over and saw that it is made for SPOON in the USA. That that was mighty funny. And Right now I am running, the ex setup, I am working on my dx spindles right now to put new bearings, studs and waiting on extended Hard race ball joints. So I can run the wilwood 11" dynalite kit. Should be ordering that next weekend or before the end of the month.

I did not, it was something that I had my eye on before but before I put it on I tried to get see if it would work with the power rack and it does not. Now the factory Integra one would. Its the little things that companies do not tell you before you buy it. But I am a bit of a suspension and chassis nut and can't wait until its back together so I can drive it. Yeah my buddy is a professional welder so he swung by and took care of that for me. Can't wait to get it to the chassis shop and get the cage put into it either but its a ways off before I need to do that.
    That gold glittery stuff sounds like copper based anti-seize... similar to the Wurth CU800. That stuff is pretty good. I have typically use it on brake components since it seems to hold up better then the silver zinc based anti-seize.

Since I'm only doing a Half cage I've been doing some research on chassis bracing for the front and mid sections of the car. I hadn't seen any reviews on the rigid collars or that brace but it seems like it would help. Well, not from a track perspective. I'm wondering if a stiff suspension and sway bars numb any effects that is has or help even more then it would for a stock suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Spec View Post
    That gold glittery stuff sounds like copper based anti-seize... similar to the Wurth CU800. That stuff is pretty good. I have typically use it on brake components since it seems to hold up better then the silver zinc based anti-seize.

Since I'm only doing a Half cage I've been doing some research on chassis bracing for the front and mid sections of the car. I hadn't seen any reviews on the rigid collars or that brace but it seems like it would help. Well, not from a track perspective. I'm wondering if a stiff suspension and sway bars numb any effects that is has or help even more then it would for a stock suspension.
    Well anything can help when driving, sway bars, strut bars will all help. Now I know that my DB7 has the same x brace from the factory and for a completely stock car it feels pretty stable. I wish it was more stable, now this car is ridiculous I can throw the back end out when cornering the suspension is so stiff, its awesome. Nothing like throwing it into turns and knowing that the car is not going anywhere unless I want it to.
    EJ1 Paradise Blue Green
    EJ2 Paradise Blue Green

So here are all the pics of yesterdays work. Start off with the 1/2 breaker bar that snapped doing BLK95coupe trans swap.

Better pic of the super tie rod ends installed.

Did the the brake tuck work yesterday. All the lines came out great thanks to my friend Brain. Can't wait to get the bay painted and finished up. And the brakes. In the next month.
    EJ1 Paradise Blue Green
    EJ2 Paradise Blue Green

Yup... I've snapped some tools in my day too. Those axle nuts can be a pain. Some anti-seize on the threads and mating surfaces on the nut/hub interface should make it easier for future work. That and relieving the locking notch in the nut helps out too.

That master cylinder cleans up the engine bay pretty nicely.

Looking good!!

Looks good!

I snapped a 1/2" breaker on a stubborn axle nut on my civic dd. I welded a 32mm socket to a piece of 10 foot long 2" black pipe......I barely have to put in any effort now to break free any stuck axle nut.
    24ITA

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    Looks good!

I snapped a 1/2" breaker on a stubborn axle nut on my civic dd. I welded a 32mm socket to a piece of 10 foot long 2" black pipe......I barely have to put in any effort now to break free any stuck axle nut.
    never really thought of that, happened on a buddies car. I have never after 10+ yrs of working on honda's ever had one stick that bad before. But that breaker bar has seen better days as well. Thanks

Ended up having to put money into my dd this week new starter and a head gasket and bolts, So project car is on hold until end of the month. got a few other things I need to work on anyway around the house.
    EJ1 Paradise Blue Green
    EJ2 Paradise Blue Green

Well this month the car has been put on hold my DB7 decided to shear off one of the ears on the start and the head gasket is starting to go so I am going to knock it out before it does any real damage.

Other than that I am picking up my new air compressor this weekend and its costing me but its so worth it. I will post pick up after I get it home and installed. I did get the rest of my brake fluid today all 15 bottles of wilwood 570 fluid. Might do some line relocating, to clear some other items.

Head gasket was not blown yet but you can see where it was allowing coolant into the cylinders, not a lot but enough for it to run a bit off.

Bottom

Damn its dirty I need to clean that up.

The day before I did all the work I was moving cars around and cleaning the garage out shoot this one.

EJ1 Paradise Blue Green
    EJ2 Paradise Blue Green

Good thing you caught that in time. My last experience with a leaky head gasket resulted in new pistons and a hone.
    Are you getting new head bolts or going with studs?

You are absolutely correct... Compressors are definitely worth it. I have a small 13Gal compressor that came in handy these past 2 week. I caught 3 nails between my wife's car and mine and I helped the neighbor with his tire (construction zones and someone re-roofing their house in my neighborhood). Took me less then 15 min to get each tire off, plugged, filled and back on and that's with my 16 month old "helper".

Well I ended up just going with bolts again. Really not point on my dd, just trying to keep it running so I can sink money into the race car. And Yeah I am going to be picking up a 60 Gal 2 stage 220amp compressor here in the next week or so its a bit old but it runs like a champ and will run guns at 170 psi easy. And for as much work as I do out of my garage on honda/ acura products I am in need of something more than my 30 gal i have now that runs constantly that can barely break bolts loose its so weak.
    EJ1 Paradise Blue Green
    EJ2 Paradise Blue Green

Sounds like a beast! Hopefully it's quiet. A friend of mine has a huge one like that and ran the intake tube through the ceiling with a filter up there to quiet it down. It helped a lot.

BTW, I see that you're using the green coolant... never really liked that stuff.
    I have had some really good experience with the Honda Blue coolant.
    I did a timing belt service on my sister-in-law's '99 Accord with 130k+ about a year ago and not a spot of corrosion anywhere, not even in the typical spots like in the thermostat housing.
    Just something to consider.

Thread Information